CHICAGO — The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) has announced its lineup of keynote speakers and general sessions for its Annual Conference, titled EXCHANGE, slated for Sept. 16-19 in Phoenix.
Member responses to extensive research conducted in 2010 inspired the theme. “This one word expresses and captures all of what occurs at the AHE Annual Conference & Healthcare Marketplace each year,” says Kent Miller, AHE president. “Participants exchange information, education, ideas, expertise and innovative ways to improve the care of the healthcare environment. EXCHANGE expresses the power that this event has to influence positive outcomes.”
The lineup of speakers for this year’s conference includes:
• Michael Rogers is a technology pioneer, novelist and journalist whose consulting business, Practical Futurist, helps businesses and organizations worldwide think about the future. He will deliver the keynote address, Management Meets the Future of Technology.
• Nina Antoniotti, R.N., MBA, Ph.D., will present The Future is Now. She is director of emergency services, outpatient director, and director of nursing at Marshfield Clinic TeleHealth Network, and an expert in strategic planning, facilities development, operational planning and community development, focusing on healthcare trends and needs, AHE says.
• William Rutala, Ph.D., MPH, CIC, is a professor in infectious diseases for the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, and he serves as director for the North Carolina program for infection control and epidemiology and as director of hospital epidemiology, occupational health and safety program at UNC Health Care System. Rutala’s session is titled Environmental Surface Disinfection: Pushing the Envelope.
• Brian Lee, CSP, founder and CEO of Custom Learning Systems Group, will describe The HCAHPS Hospital of Choice. Lee is one of North America’s leading experts in the field of patient satisfaction and change leadership, AHE says. He is the author of Satisfaction Guaranteed™ — How to Satisfy Every Customer Every Time.
• An author, consultant and speaker, Alan Whitson, RPA, is one of the nation’s most knowledgeable speakers on how to build the business case for high-performance buildings, according to AHE. He chairs the national task force that wrote the Model Green Lease, now the de facto standard for green leasing. Whitson’s general session is titled The New Economics of Health Care: Impact on Day-to-Day Operations.
• President and founder of Alive at Work and author of Light ’Em Up, Joe Contrera pushes leaders to find their “aliveness factor” in the workplace, and motivates and encourages audiences to discover the power of one. His closing session is titled Persistence: Don’t You Ever Give Up.
For more information about AHE, or to register for the conference, visit ahe.org/conference.